I'm hereby releasing a public beta of robotfindskitten version 2.0 for MeeGo. I've been sitting on it for far too long. This is a complete rewrite in Qt. It's only designed for the netbook; I haven't tested on the handset. It should work fine on the Lenovo machines distributed at the MeeGo conference.
- The RPM is here, mirrored here. Install it with
rpm -i rfk-2.0.0-1.i586.rpm.
- Screenshots: the launcher, the front screen, a game in progress.
- The source is in git here, mirrored here.
- Doxygen of the source is here, mirrored here.
- If you know nothing about robotfindskitten, see robotfindskitten.org or Wikipedia's article.
- Is it a good reimplementation of Maemo rfk? Is it a good implementation of rfk in its own right?
- Is it playable?
- Are dialogue boxes a reasonable implementation of the popup messages? On Maemo I used banners (thus), which were perhaps less intrusive.
- For those of you who know Qt and C++, I would appreciate some code review.
- On the handset it's still going to vibrate when robotfindskitten. Do you think it should bleep or something (or miaow) on the netbook?