- Friday, 0013: Tumblr favorite: http://gyzym.tumblr.com/post/5118859590
2/the-longest-shadows-ever-cast (from gyzym)
- Friday, 0028: Tumblr favorite: http://tatterdemalionamberite.tumblr.co
m/post/51178013591/temporaldecay-nightin gales-before-we-begin (from tatterdemalionamberite)
- Friday, 0101: My fitbit #Fitstats for 5/23/2013: 1,150 steps and 0.5 miles traveled. http://www.fitbit.com/user/23LLYD
- Friday, 0127: @trixieleitz Hee, snuggling hens are awesome.
- Friday, 0225: @trixieleitz Clingy hens! ( read the other 10 )
Follow me on Twitter.
Two important realisations:
1. I don't have the foggiest what an operating curve is supposed to be in this context. BETTER FIX THAT.
2. The reason I was wiped today is that I forgot my psych meds last night, so took them this morning rather than risking withdrawal, having, um, forgotten that there's a reason I take my citalopram and amitriptyline at night...
1. Thank you all, so much, for helpful suggestions about various bits and bobs, especially the gifts for counsellors etc.
2. For the first time in my undergraduate career, I have come home for the weekend in order to be looked after and concentrate better. This... is something I'm going to want to unpack a LOT with my counsellor, but is fundamentally probably a Really Good Sign.
3. Wove in the ends of project #1, got properly going with project #2.
4. Fannish conversation with randomling ♥
5. ALL the people are dating. :-)
6. Three lectures to go on this wretched course, and then I can call it good (enough).
7. My lovely mum, for just saying "yes sure when would you like to be picked up what would you like me to cook you for dinner" when I phoned her up at 10pm and pathetically asked if I could come home for the weekend.
8. And also for buying me an AMAZING COMFORTABLE MATTRESS last year, when I was really ill, on the grounds that if I was going to be spending a lot of time in bed I might as well be comfortable there. ♥ (And also my lovely goose-down quilt, which was a... Christmas present? When I was quite small.)
9. Ran lots of errands, including collecting nice post and paying in cheques and lunch with lovely director of studies and all the other geologists from my college.
10. Boything came to see me last night and we got to spend time together and I was reasonably sane and. Boything! Hurrah compatible neurodiversities. Hurrah people who recognise that curling up on each other and then Lying Very Still with occasional squeezes counts as snuggling. Hurrah all round, basically.
hurrah also being more-or-less in one piece. ♥
A lovely little book that follows the author's family tree; I read it at one sitting, in a Costa in Staines, and the excursion to 1970s Chelsea was very welcome. Heavy on anecdotes which made me want to read them aloud to friends, and plenty of characters who are indeed characters, but no plot to speak of, other than the unrolling of time. Less like the Circle Line than the Metropolitan in the way it wanders around the place. Recommended.
And then the bottom fell out of my schedule because conference and also conference.
But the conference is now over.
Do you hear the bloggers sing
Singing a song of angry fen
Heave-ho, hoist up the colors
We'll not be struck-through again
When the posting of your gif
Reveals they all reload as one
There is a site about to start
When tomorrow comes!
(Musical note: you either have to sing "heave" on two notes or skip a note to make it work, and go fast-and-light on "we'll not" and really hammer "be" to make it scan right.)
"What's worse than the world seeing Christians disagree with one another is the world seeing Christians remain silent when their own go on TV and tell the parents of children lost in a tornado that those children and their families got what they deserved. What's worse than the world seeing Christians disagree with one another is the world seeing Christians remain silent and supportive when their own are accused of multiple counts of child abuse and appeal to the first amendment to try and avoid investigation. What's worse than the world seeing Christians disagree with one another is the world seeing Christians perpetuate an abusive theology that teaches people that whatever abuse they are suffering, whatever pain they are enduring, whatever violence they have been subjected to, is deserved and perpetrated by god." -- Rachel Held Evans, 2013-05-21 [thanks to the friend who linked to this in a locked entry]
- Thursday, 0010: I'm watching MythBusters (307 are watching) http://getglue.com/tv_shows/mythbus
ters?s=tch&ref=azurelunatic #GetGlue @MythBusters
- Thursday, 0010: I unlocked the I Can't Stop Watching sticker on #GetGlue! #comedyweek @youtube http://getglue.com/stickers/youtube/i_c
- Thursday, 0011: RT @nadyne: I've never seen air sitar before.
- Thursday, 0101: My fitbit #Fitstats for 5/22/2013: 3,495 steps and 1.5 miles traveled. http://www.fitbit.com/user/23LLYD
- Thursday, 0431: (finding my bff's attempts to friend like an adult inexplicably adorable. he's lucky I like him. <3) ( read the other 28 )
Follow me on Twitter.
milla_daily - Milla Jovovich Pictures Seven Days a week
new_mombasa - Dreamwidth.org's source for Halo fandom and news
imitation_earth - a community dedicated to the romantic pairing of Duo Maxwell and Hilde Schbeiker. The name of the community is dervired from probably one of the better known Hx2 Doujinsh's around: Imitation Earth by Shibazaki Mishio.
the_tenth_power - A community dedicated to Power Rangers Lost Galaxy and In Space.
disney_pocs - an inclusive community dedicated to the appreciation and general discussion of characters of color in Walt Disney’s animated features, television shows and other multimedia.
prince_of_persia - dreamwidth.org's first & only community dedicated to the Prince of Persia in all his carnations and reinterpretations. Here you can discuss anything and everything related to Prince of Persia, including the old (which I'm not too familiar with, but that's okay) future games of the popular ubisoft Franchise.
forgottensands - A community dedicated to the romantic pairing of The Prince [of Persia] and Princess of Farah of Ubisoft's 2003 game, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time trilogy.
pop_fanfiction - (Prince of Persia Fanfiction) A community dedicated to archiving Prince of Persia fanfiction for the game and movieverse.
left4_genfic - A General Fanfiction Community for Valve's Left 4 Dead series. Feel free to post any fanfiction here, but remember to follow the rules and have a good time!
rochelle_fans - A character community dedicated to Rochelle, the unappreciated heroine of Valve's Left 4 Dead 2. Why, you ask? Well, simply because, out of all the playable characters, Rochelle is one of my favorites and it puzzles me as to why she is unjustly ragged upon in the realms of L4D fandom, so I made this in dedication of my admiration of Miss Rochelle.
shujaa_warrior - A community dedicated to Resident Evil 5 character, Sheva Alomar. This community is dedicated to the appreciation, not degradation or shamming, of Sheva's character, her life and role within the primary events of RE5 as Chris Redfield's partner and trusted ally.
meduseld - In the spirit of sons_of_gondor, this community is devoted to the descendents of Eorl -- in other words, the Rohirrim of J.R.R. Tolkien's "Lord Of The Rings" series.
dinkley_rogers - a community dedicated to the romantic pairing of Shaggy Rogers and Velma Dinkley of the undying series/franchise, Scooby Doo (Where Are you?) and various spin-offs and movies.
ffspiritswithin - (or DREAM WITHIN/SPIRITS WITHIN), the belated final fantasy community dedicated to the ground breaking 2001 computer animated film, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, written and directed by Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi.
laguna_squall - a community dedicated to the father/son relationship (or lack-thereof) between Laguna Loire and Squall Leonhart of Square Enix's Final Fantasy VIII. Why, you ask? Honestly, the entire mythos/pathos surrounding both Laguna and Squall is probably one of my favorite aspects of VIII. That and they're awesome characters.
the_dakotaverse - a community dedicated to Milestone Media's universe and characters, created by Dwayne McDuffie, Denys Cowan, Michael Davis and others. What is the Dakotaverse? The Dakotaverse is the reality in which the characters from Milestone Media take place, largely revolving around the eponymous Dakota City.
walker_graphics - the first graphics community for artists and fans of AMC and Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead universe.
last_of_us - a community dedicated to the upcoming PS3 game The Last of Us, developed by Naughty Dog (Uncharted). Here you can post an aray of Fanart, Fanfiction, or discussion pretaining either to the game, its developers or any news concerning its progress.
new_raider_fans - the Tomb Raider community dedicated to the general discussion and appreciation of Crystal Dynamic's Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld (plus their upcoming title Tomb Raider reboot with their new publisher Square Enix Europe). Other subjects like the movie Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001) and Comic Books published by TopCow, are greatly welcome as well.
( Read More )
-find other musicians-who-cycle: maybe four to six.
-cycle 30 to 50 miles per day, visiting churches
-put on concerts at the churches. The churches keep the proceeds. In return they give us dinner, somewhere to sleep, breakfast
-individual cyclists can do charity sponsorship thang
-we could do lunchtime stuff too
-not everyone has to be there entire time
-not everyone has to perform every night
-whole thing lasts about 2 weeks, leaving London on a Sunday afternoon and returning Saturday 13 nights later
It would be a bit of work to organise but it ought to be possible.
Musicians would need to play small, light instruments, or sing. We'd need to do some rehearsing and planning beforehand.
This is a very rough draft post but please do comment with suggestions, ideas, and so on.
"You can be the best in the world and not be recognized.... A lot of it has to do with breaks. If a coach at Tennessee State hadn't given me a break at 14, I never would have been in the Olympic Games." -- Wyomia Tyus (b. 1945-08-29), sprinter (gold medals in 1964 and 1968).
- Wednesday, 0003: RT @anildash: Thanks to @bradfitz @lisaphillips @dormando & so many others for memcached, without which the modern social web wouldn't run.
- Wednesday, 0831: @semanticist Indeed so. The light is useful to me as a driver to know the state of the other light.
- Wednesday, 0834: @semanticist Some of them trip on legal right on red turns.
- Wednesday, 1238: RT @oakandsage: A poorwill is arguing with a rooster.
- Wednesday, 1251: RT @ajaromano: Basically currently all fics are transformative until proven derivative in a court of law (which has only happened once ever… ( read the other 10 )
Follow me on Twitter.
And the gap is a gap between people
They do not talk or make eye contact
The solitude is protocol
But at 1 in the morning
If an elderly piss-stinking drunkard gets on
Dribbling, jabbering gibberish
The people will laugh
And smile at each other
They are in this together now
We need the drunkards
And in later life
It is a service
I am happy
That one got me right in the gut, and I don't think it's just because I'm biased. I'm kind of in awe of what he's writing at just 20, and I find myself wondering what he might be doing by the time he's my age. Meanwhile, there's more, and darker, in Dog Tired Eyes, available at Lulu.
Topped off the day by calling my BFF. ♥
- Tuesday, 0105: My fitbit #Fitstats for 5/20/2013: 6,195 steps and 2.7 miles traveled. http://www.fitbit.com/user/23LLYD
- Tuesday, 0703: Who hosts "Say Yes to the Dress: Galactic Empire"? Leia Organza Solo.
- Tuesday, 0848: Who is the ruler of the insects on Barrayar? Insectovors.
- Tuesday, 0956: "What is this?" "Slide whistle. For committee members and managers."
- Tuesday, 1225: @thette I woke up with the insectovor one. I got a whole 6 hours of beautiful sleep. ( read the other 14 )
Follow me on Twitter.