Someone asked about handwritten Shavian. There are a number of letters which can possibly be confused. Just wanted to jot this down and come back to it later.
- The worst group: 𐑲, 𐑳, 𐑶 can all turn into one another if written fast.
- Also some pairs: 𐑯/𐑷, 𐑥/𐑭, 𐑱/𐑬.
- 𐑯𐑥 can be written as straight diagonal lines and 𐑷𐑭 as zigzags.
- We could perhaps suggest that 𐑶𐑬 be written crossed to distinguish them from 𐑱𐑲𐑳.
- That takes care of everything except the confusion of 𐑲 with 𐑳. I'm not sure what to suggest for that. Any thoughts?
- There are many more possible confusions if you don't take care to distinguish tall/deep and short letters: 𐑓/𐑨 𐑝/𐑩 etc.